Quizzes can have many different settings, so your experience may be different from quiz to quiz and class to class. The quiz will need to be active and available before you will be able to take it. If you are unable to begin a quiz that you believe should be available, you'll need to contact your instructor.
It's suggested that you take a quiz on a computer for a better experience.
Navigating to your Quiz
There are two ways to navigate to you Quizzes: the Quiz tool and the Content area.
1. Select More Tools/Quizzes in the navbar to access the Quizzes tool.
2. The Quiz List page loads. Select the title of the quiz that you want to take.
3. A summary of the quiz loads. Review the pertinent details. The details here can be important as your instructor may have set a time limit or limited the number of times you can attempt your quiz. Click Start Quiz when you're ready to begin.
Note: You will see "Continue Quiz" if you have started a quiz attempt but did not submit it yet.
4. See Steps 6 & 7 below for assistance with how to take a quiz and submit it.
If you have a decent internet connection your quiz should auto-save every few minutes.
Quizzes and exams can be taken through the content area of your course. Not all instructors use the Content area for quizzes. If you can't find your quiz in the Content tool use the Quiz tool as described above.
- Click Content in the navbar
- Use the table of contents to navigate to the appropriate module for the quiz you are taking.
- Locate the quiz and click the title of the link. You will know that the link is associated with a quiz by the "Quiz" identifier under the title of the content item.
Click on the Quiz title
Taking a Quiz
Read over the quiz summary since it will provide details about the quiz such as availability, time restrictions, attempt restrictions, and instructions. Click Start Quiz (5) to begin.
You will now be in the exam. The image below provides an example of one type of quiz question, but your quiz may contain other types of questions.
Question Summary: In this box you'll find a number summary of all questions in the exam. You can click a specific number to focus directly on the question. It will also give you quick overview of what questions have saved answers (check) and those that don't (dashes). The questions in the quiz save automatically, as long as you have a reliable internet connection.
Quiz Title, Quiz Timer, Attempt #: The information here provides you with information regarding the recommended time to take the quiz or the enforced time limit which may be imposed on your quiz by the instructor. You can also see what attempt you are currently taking which becomes relevant if your instructor provides multiple attempts on the quiz.
Question and Answer: Here you'll find the actual questions and the given space for answers. In this example we only have one question and it is a multiple choice. You may see True/False, fill in the blank, text boxes, etc.
Submit Quiz: If you need to leave the quiz and return to it later, you can simply by exiting the program. However, double check that the system has saved your answers before you do. You can review the "X of X questions saved" next to the Submit Quiz button. When you are ready to submit your quiz, you will click "Submit Quiz"
3. Once you've answered all your questions and are ready to submit for grading, click Submit Quiz
4. You will be asked once more if you'd like to submit the quiz. If so, click Submit Quiz. If you want to continue answering you can click "Back to Questions."
Note: Once you've submitted your quiz you will not be able to return to this attempt without instructor permission. If you wish to save and continue later, within quiz availability, then you will want to just save all responses and exit the window.